Thursday, October 27, 2011

Aetheric Neuralizer XII

Tonight I connected all the wires, re-assembled the various sub-assemblies into a beautiful, metallic weapon of imaginary destruction and connected it to the battery.

I twisted the main hand-wheel and was bathed in the healthy green glow of the Aetheric Resonator, its plasma-trail snaking a brilliant white counterpoint to the background glow.

I spun the forward resonator control regulator hand-wheel and hoisted the Neuralizer into firing position.

I pulled the first trigger and the Lateral Barrel Heterodyning Exciters burst into emerald-coloured life. It was hard to restrain myself but cries of triumph at this stage would have been premature and unseemly, so I limited myself to a smile of satisfaction.

I pulled the second trigger and the entire weapon went dark.

A quick check showed that the half amp fuse had blown. So my decision to go with a huge lead acid battery rather than a few AA cells was well-founded, and I was probably wise to double up that power connecting cable too. I don't know how much juice it is sucking down in "all systems go" mode, but it wants more than half an amp when I press the triggers.

This thing is totally awesome.

And I am awesome for inventing it. I was beginning to doubt that last one.

No comments: