Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Aetheric Neuralizer VII - Sound Practice

What Ho!

Today a new effect was placed on the test bench and given a trial run. Then, once I had recovered my senses, it was placed inside the mock-up of the Neuralizer and given another test run with an audience.

Three hours later my hearing returned. Truly impressive, and absolutely what was needed to give this bally Neuralizer some teeth.

I expect that upon viewing the visual effects at its first outing, some blighter will opine loudly that it's all well and good but hardly impressive, and will goad me into firing it. I will prevaricate of course, finally allowing the smug provocateur to push me into discharging it at them, at which point their respect for the device should become instantly several orders of magnitude higher than at first.

Sadly, I discovered the long-shank potentiometers with integral switch that Iwas planning to use were no longer available for purchase from Radio Shack, or indeed, anywhere on the face of the Earth.

I finally located a viable alternative, but Bad Show, Radio Shack!

No comments: