Thursday, November 3, 2011

Neuralizer Modification

I replaced the "permanent" connection between the Aetheric Neuralizer and the Aethero-Galvanic Exciter with a twist-lock plug and socket combination this evening after work.

After disconnecting the wires and disengaging the silicone rubber I used to anchor them for the showing I used a holesaw to open up the hole in the side of the Aethero-Galvanic Exciter casing to the same size as the round, three pin socket.

Then I had to mill out the hole to make it a little larger for about half its depth to accommodate the plug, which I did with a sanding drum mounted in the drill press.

Mounting the socket so that the plug would orient the way I wanted turned out to be the most awkward job of the entire build. I had to reconfigure the mounting tabs on the socket quite radically, and then the wire mounts were underneath so it had to be wired then installed in the casing, then a wire broke off the switch and had to be re-soldered in-situ, then there was no power in the socket when I twisted the regulator. The list just went on and on.

But eventually the job was done and the Neuralizer can now be separated from its power supply at need. I need to touch up the casing and I think I want to paint the plug. Not sure what color, but the white nylon cord grip that forms the last third of the plug is not appropriate.

No comments: